Sunday, July 14, 2013

"I like your shoes"

Ladies!  Great tip:  When you move to a new city, wear awesome shoes!  It apparently is the best way for me to meet new people. 

When I moved to North Carolina, I met one of my dearest friends, Amanda because she liked my bright red pumps that I wore to my orientation for school.  She commented on the shoes and I begged her to be my friend!  (Amanda, I hope you are enjoying the platform heels I gave you.  I miss them already... and you, ha!)

Driving to Toronto, my car was packed to the max.  The only way to fit all my shoes was to store most of them inside the mini refrigerator in my back seat.  When I arrived at the house I was greeted by Melissa, her 5 year old daughter Leila, and a friend Jenn.  The most exciting part about unpacking my car was looking at all the shoes in the fridge... even to the point that Jenn told her roommate Hannah about the selection.  Obviously my shoes are doing me a service in making quick friends.

Today, I visited Starting Point Church.  I wore my new pair of shoes, black peak toe wedge sandals from Charming Charlies.  One of the best purchases I've made in a really long time.  Anyways, I'm sitting there and this really awesome girl named Heather just loved my shoes.  I told her I've lived here two days (which means I know no one and need friends) so we exchanged information and I can tell we will be quick friends. 

The best part about making new friends is when you feel comfortable enough to kick off your shoes and enjoy time together.  Sharing meals, watching movies, and getting coffee is quite the life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment