Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Sky is Falling

My uncle Rick is in the hospital.  He has tumors and cancer that are pushing against his heart and throat.  He can't eat, breathe or stay awake.  Treatments have stopped working and he is down to 135lbs.  He's a man's man in a fragile weak body. 
My grandmother has been my biggest fan since I can remember.  As her only granddaughter, she viewed me as someone who could do no wrong.  She prays for me without ceasing and brags on me constantly... until she got dementia.  Then her brain caused her to believe lies and accuse me and my aunt of stealing from her house.  She creates elaborate stories of our immorality. She is becoming violent and the news of her son, Rick's illness exasperates the situation.
My mother is a pieced together wreck.  I don't know how she does it.  She is a strong woman.  She knows life doesn't end and God is in control but her mother is deteriorating, her brother is finalizing his will, and her life is complicated by others' sins. 
People come and go in my life with their own problems whether it is job searching, spouse searching, degree seeking, purpose, loss, trust issues, sins, confrontation, financial, disease, or selfishness. Everyone's sky is falling and are having a hard time finding the Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment