Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Genius

New Things: Hosting my big brother, sister in law, and niece here in NC!!  Saw a shooting star.
Here is the picture of my new haircut as I promised!!


So my niece Zooey is probably the most intelligent child I know.  I'm not even being biased, it is just a fact!  At the ripe age of one, she responds to us without our preping her, is figuring out shapes, loves sounds, and recognizes that if I hide behind a wall, I'm still there not really gone.  Tonight I cooked dinner for the family and roommates while we all admired Zooey and caught up in life.  Zooey of course wanted to scout out the apt which luckily is pretty small.  She fed herself with a spoon, put flip flops on my foot when I asked her if I could have them, played hide n seek, said "hey" and "uh oh", and loves to laugh. 
I got to give her, her birthday present of a tea set that plays songs and makes noises for pouring tea.  Zooey was able to push the button and almost got the cakes in the right shapes.  My favorite part of the night was when Jennifer got the video camera out while playing with the toy.  Todd and Jennifer told her to say "thank you aunt Lindsay".  Zooey got on her hands and knees, crawled around her tea set, climbed into my lap until the song on the teapot was over, as if to say "thank you" in the only way she could, and then crawled back to her playing. 
This week we have planned swimming, shopping, Durham Bulls Baseball, see SEBTS campus, Cotton Co., Church and see all my friends and any other suggestions are welcome.


I love this girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Harper has the same tea set and LOVES it! "Why thank you!" haha :)

    ReplyDelete