Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Young and the Restless

New Things: took coffee condiments and an avocado to a coffee shop (whole new level of crazy); finished my first real biblical counseling relationship with success; entered my last ever break from school

It is spring time, love is in the air! In fact, I believe some have become "twitterpated".  I knew I would have to endure my endless friends that are engaged, trying on wedding dresses, planning weddings, smelling flowers with fervor, eating wedding cake, but I did not anticipate what I would experience today.

First of all, I was "preoccupied" when I was being summoned over the walkie talkie for some assistance.  Assistance always means something is about to happen that will need to be put on the blog.  As I approached the scene it seemed hopeless; I was filled with compassion.  The counselor was standing in the middle of the hallway consoling a small adorable blond headed 1st grade boy with the water works goin.  I turn the corner and a small girl with a big bow in her dark hair was hiding behind a column heaving uncontrollable sobs.  It was all I could do to show them my concern for their sorrow. 

I finally got close enough to decipher the words "I.  Don't.  Want.  To. Be. In. Trouble.  I don't want to be in trouble.  I don't want to be in trouble".  A tender hug, soothing voice and waiting in the quiet did not help.  I have no idea what is going on.  "Listen, my voice will not get louder.  Whatever is going on we need to talk about it." The boy became boisterous "I don't want to go home in trouble.  I'll get my butt beaten". No one is mad, everyone knows discipline is coming, and pure fear has struck these two children. 

It is now the counselor's turn.  She knows something I don't yet. It is all up to me to make the difference.  What is it?  "I saw them kissing!" Well, great!  Lil Romeo and Juliet have come to the point of love/ death decisions. 

"Why did you kiss if you knew you would get in trouble?"  Their response: "I don't know"! 
This is it!  When I sin I know I will be disciplined but I don't know why I still do it.  I don't want to go home to Dad in trouble.  I'm so upset because I know I messed up.  I don't want to always mess up but I keep making bad choices. 

"Please don't tell pappy!"  Of course I have to tell pappy and dad. 
"Does your pappy love you?"
"Yes.  He lets me stay with him."
"He disciplines you so you remember to make the right choice next time"
"But it hurts!" 

Man is he right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment