Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Living Life in a Sleep

New things: First time I didn't have someting new for my blog!!  I'm knee deep in finals, please forgive me.  After thursday I will be much more exciting!!

Growing up, my dad used to tell me that every night he would put me to bed and most evenings at a certain time he would watch me clumsily make my way down the hallway ready to take on the world in half a dream.  My dad would corral me by the stairs and direct me back to my bed where he would tuck me in safely.  Usually my first attempt of freedom was too exhausting to get back out of bed.

In college, my roommate hated my sleep habits.  I would somehow make my way down the stairs and who knew where I ended up.  I would go in her room sometimes and turn on the lights and jet out without an ounce of remorse.  I called people in my sleep, which may be more dangerous than falling down the stairs.  Mostly I ended up on the couch downstairs with the tv on.

Since I've been in seminary, I do not have many stories of my sleeping in action.  A few times I changed sleeping locations but nothing out of the ordinary.  That is until my poor roommate Kimberly got to see me in action.  It is a habit now for me to start on the floor in front of the tv (if I ever wake up in my bed I'll know it's because I slept walked there).  Kimberly usually watches whatever movie I have in while she studies, then goes to bed.  The other morning Kim asked me if remembered talking to her the previous night.  Noting the clueless look on my face Kim proceeds to tell me that I quickly shot up off the floor, made my way to the restroom, did some business, got some water to drink, and went to lay back down.  Kim had asked if I would like to turn the movie back on that it was fine.  I then responded that I would try to go to sleep without the tv on but I would let her know if I had any trouble.  I laid my head down, and that's all she wrote. 
NOT A CLUE!!  haha It's good to know that I can do life in my sleep... literally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment