Tuesday, December 6, 2011

White Noise

New Things: Raleigh's lighting of the Christmas tree, Mo Joe's, Super 8

Analogy: 
White Noise is noise containing many frequencies with equal intensities.  It is used to cover up other noises often for rest or soothing effects. 

This is what my life sounds like!  I'm a student, employee, church member/ servant, volunteer, counselor, mentor, daughter, friend, single, adventurous 27 years old ready to graduate, get a job and stop being single.  All of these things scream at me everyday.  Noise tells me what to do, how to do it, when to do it, how well I should do it, who I should do it with, and who I should do if for.  There are many opinons and they don't always match mine.  As overwhelming as this sounds, all of them together lulls me away into rest.  But not the real kind of rest, the kind that avoids listening for the frequency that the white noise covers up.

Why do we want white noise to cover up other noises?  Are we afraid of its dangers, warnings, or truth?  The world often covers up the one thing we should be listening to, God.  He does not compete with the other noises but he is constant when we are ready to shut out the others.  My status, age, job, and finances are not going to give me answers.

God, break through noise.  Let me hear your Word and believe it is true for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment