Sunday, July 17, 2011

Because I said so

New things I did today: Bought a whole coconut, watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2, went to my first Kenya meeting for my trip coming up. 

I'm weird, I know I am, but people ask me all the time why I do some of the things I do.  Usually my reasoning is "just because".  I know nothing different; it's habit. Why do we eat eggs for breakfast?  Who decided that is a breakfast item?  "Just because we know nothing different; it's habit."  Sometimes I'm restless with life and need an oddity to keep me sane.  I can't explain my reasoning but it usually makes my life and yours more interesting.  Sometimes I have reasons for the things I do but they are personal and even tragic that I can't fathom having to express my unwitting reactions to the circumstances I've faced in the past.  Sometimes, I do it for attention and other times I do it to take attention off of me.  There's no real reason I'm weird, it's just because.

I'll list of few of my oddities to give you a better understanding of myself.  I eat one thing at a time on my plate to the point that I'll take apart foods to eat the parts of the food one at a time.  Best example is pizza.  I eat the toppings, then cheese, then sauce, then bread.  Highly unusual but I know nothing different. 
I take a cup with me every where I go: work, school, friend's houses, cars, grocery store, church....  I think it is just habit, but smart.  Who knows when you'll have a drink emergency.  I hate feet.  I have a reflex that will harm you if you dare to come near me with your feet.  I believe that is just a phobia that I have not chosen to control.  I drink unreal amounts of coffee where it is more odd for you to see me without coffee than it is to see me with coffee.  Coffee shops all over town know my drink order.  It can be an addiction but it started with bigger concerns than drinking coffee.  It used to help control my food intake, now it's an addiction.  I sleep on the floor.  Occassionally the couch will do but usually the floor is what I like best.  This is usually what gets people.  The truth is a long time ago I had an unusual experience in college.  The story somehow leads to the tv and floor being like my security blanket.  I like to challenge myself with small challenges daily to give myself a feel of accomplishment. I have a waiting list for roommates because girls that tend to live with me get married... you're welcome ladies!  I don't like to cry so I choose not to unless I'm watching a kleenex commercial or Glee episode.  I think like a boy, I need you to tell me what you're thinking or I'll never get it.  I love my last name CORE to the point I might negotiate with my future husband about taking my name. 

I'm sure I have other oddities that my friends notice, but otherwise I'm just me because I said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment