Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Knee is the new Elbow

New Things:  Farkle, Christmas in July Party

Years ago I had heard a commentary on a study about the relationships between the opposite sex and the rarity of platonic relationships.  If a guy and girl are good friends there is usually something about them that is seen as attractive: physical or relational.  But it can be a one way street for the stronger emotions to mature.  Research concluded that 70% of the girls that casually touch the guy's elbow every time they see him would start dating the guy at the end of 3 months.  It might be due to more intentional flirting, the guy's physical sensation of a girl, a new awareness of the so called platonic friend, etc.... 
Therefore, I have decided that because I am such a terrible flirt, this is my only hope for a guy's attention.  I do well with direct instruction.  Unfortunately, I get too embarrassed to actually go up to a guy and smoothly touch his elbow as we casually laugh over something clever I say.  So it is really a joke with all my girls so we can bring attention to the fact that I don't flirt. 
Anyways, the girls got together to watch the Bachelorette.  Ashley, the girl, sure did have her hands all over the guys' legs.  She might be a little too cool with her flirting styles.  Anyways, upon noticing this new tactic we decided the elbow must have been last years flirting.  Knees are the new elbow. 
Now the problem is figuring out how to casually talk to a guy with my hand on his knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment