Thursday, July 7, 2011

Call me Travelocity

First time to run the 10k Peachtree Race
First time to drive to Mississippi by myself
First time to buy sushi in a mall food court
First time to get coffee with a Mormon
First time seeing Zooey this year
First time eating at Waffle House by myself

Okay that's just a few things that are my "new" things from my trip.  My trip to ATL/ Bham/ Columbus was aawesome.  We'll take this one at a time...
ATL: Erin, Lane and I drove down Saturday, with a few stops making it a long but relaxing trip.  Then we stayed in hotel with valets which leads me to believe we have officially made it to "classy".  We went to a Braves game (Go Braves) where we met up with Lacie and Brittany.  Then Sunday we went to Jonesboro to visit Mike's Church.  It was good to seem him in his ministry and the love the church clearly has for one another.  Then Monday we ran our race.  I finished in about an 1hr 5min.  My goal was under an hour but I'll live. 


Bham:  I went on to see my family after the race for the 4th of July.  Really I slept and then went to see my friends Sadie, Mary Beth, and Leah for dinner.  These are friends for life and I'm so thankful I can count on them.  We are already planning a trip to Nashville which I'm sure will give me tons to blog about.  After I left I met with a guy I had met in Starbucks.  He seemed nice and just wanted to get to know me because he liked my choice of music in the drive thru.  Turns out that's all we had in common.  He is mormon and I am Christian, so you can imagine we had lots to talk about.  Then Wednesday, mom and I had gone shopping which is always a good deal for me.  Mom is very kind and generous but I mostly love getting to talk to her about things.  We are definitely friends status and she's still mom.  I'm so thankful for our relationship.

Columbus:  I made a trip to Columbus on Tuesday to see Todd, Jennifer and of course Zooey.  I'm pretty sure she is the most adorable baby in the world.  It was so fun to watch her observe her surroundings, try new words or movements, and laugh as she knew she succeeded.  I think Zooey is like me.  She likes a challenge.  Her success is on her terms, no one else.  She knows what she is good at.  She has a calm temperment.  She doesn't get over anxious but lets us know when things are not going well for her.  She studies her surroundings without making rash movements or decisions.  She's my lil peacock.



I drove back home today.  Got some Waffle House on the way.  Got some coffee.  A whole lot of singing and dancing in the car and now... sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment