Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a new year and I just want coffee

New Things: my love for kinect, 1st NC state basketball game, Bourne movies, year 2012

It is year 2012!  The end.  Nothing different, extraordinary, or motivating about this year.  I've decided to set no expectations or seek new thrills, make plans or have goals for the year.  Now for the reader that does not follow my logic, this may sound depressing or cynical but stay with me. 

Expectations and plans lead to an inevitable disappointment.  We do not control our days much less our year.  Therefore, I'm brilliant.  Each day is a new adventure or thrill to see what the day has in store. When I get stuck in plans I eliminate possibilities, but without plans I'm open for anything.  I try to conform to what I think is expected of me and no doubt I've ruined the ideal. 

Today I was encouraged to live 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God".  The things I do are not for my gain but the glory of God.  This is the secret, it isn't about me.  My day, plans, goals, and expectations are not about me. 

So this year my plan is to live like I am dying.  But first I need coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment