Friday, January 13, 2012

Victory in Vulnerability

New Things: Bowled a 165, new show "Whitney" is the story of my life

Today I met with a girl to work on some things she desires to improve in her life. She is a very intelligent student, has a big heart, loves horses, the most productive person I've met, and completely vulnerable to the possibilities of improvement. As I listened to her today I realized that I am completely settled in myself even though I am not necessarily confident. Although there are things I would like to change, I'm lazily satisfied with my current condition. It occurred to me that although we don't have a lot in common, our biggest difference is her ability to be vulnerable. So here is my first step... TOP 10 THINGS I NEED TO SHARE TO CONSIDER MYSELF VULNERABLE

10. Reading the Bible is one of my biggest struggles in my walk with God

9. I am completely self conscience of my complexion. 

8. I look at the scale at least 3 times a day.  The number 140 is unacceptable!

7. I have no money!  I literally am living by faith in God to provide enough for me each month.

6. My knees are chubby. 

5. I hate my voice; it sounds like countrified boy voice.

4. I have not dated anyone in the last 4 years.  I worry about being alone in life.

3. I don't think I'm smart enough. I think I have wit and logic but neither brings success.

2. I am terrible at observing ways to act out love or minister to others unless it is suggested specifically to me.

1. My flirting is embarrassing and no guy is capable of knowing that I am interested.

Hopefully some  of you can relate!!

2 comments:

  1. awww Linds! i think you have such a great figure!! I used to be the same way about the scale but now I just go with how my clothes fit instead of getting weighed. I can also totally relate to #10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel the same way lindsat, especially with 10, 4 and 3. maybe we could help each other out.

    ReplyDelete