Sunday, January 22, 2012

Who Am I?

New Things: Fed a horse (a miniature horse), Finished The Scarlet Letter

The woman that says "I'll pencil you in" is dressed in a grey pencil skirt that fits just below the knees with a white button down blouse tucked in and a matching grey blazor to fit on top.  Maybe ruby red pumps with a matching thin belt clasped at the high waste of the skirt.  Her hair is definitely blonde, pulled back in a bun, no bangs, with a part on the side.  Her skin is white as snow, kissed with a hint of blush, and glossed lips with a bold red that lets you know when she speaks, you need to listen.  Her eyebrows are perfectly arched or maybe tattooed.  Her eyes pierce your soul when she addresses you but her voice is calm and steady.  She is confident, organized, and oriented for success.  She is not me!!

Then there is a woman that says "See ya later".  She has no cares, no calendars, appointments, or responsiblities. She is a free bird.  Maybe a squatter.  Definitely a mooch.  She usually lets her hair air dry to allow the natural curl or wave to take over the tangled locks.  Some make up may be used to cover the imperfections, but not enough to all anyone to believe make up is a necessity.  She decorates her body with giant gold earrings and bangles, a green or yellow scarf around her head and some kind of bohemian dress that follows the earth tone color palette.  She is probably barefoot or at the least flip flops with no nails painted.  Experiencing life is more valuable than success.  She works for a cause but is not personal.  She is not me!

Finally, there is a woman that says "Let's get coffee".  She plans but refuses to be bound to the limitations of time.  She works hard to make the lives of others better.  It may be a laugh, a piece of art, getting coffee, going for a jog, spending time together, giving advice or raw honesty.  She is down to earth.  She doesn't like to be flashy but loves adventure.  She's everything to everyone.  She can hang with "pencil you in" or "see ya later" women but perfers to not be an appointment or fleeting thought.  She wears dark washed holy jeans with a white v neck t-shirt. A cool scarf and hat adds to her spunk.  There is touch of antiuity, locket or classic novel, that gives her an appreciation of ancestory. She is charming and welcoming to all.  She is who I want to be.

With all my heart I just want "to get coffee" but lately I've found myself "penciling in you".  My life has been reduced to 50 min appointments as I try to fit in the counseling appointments, mentoring, work, work meetings, church, leadership meetings, small group meetings, teaching, studying, babysitting, service, parties, friends, and school starts next week.  With all this going on, I curl up in a ball and choose to become "see ya later" girl.  Give up on all the people that are trying to see me.  I need Lindsay time, my book, coffee, painting earbuds and nothing else.  No wonder women are so complex!  The more simple I want to be, life finds a way to pull me in three directions.  Good luck guys, you'll never figure me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment