Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cookie Dough makes Everything Better

New Things: The Oxford, Got a planner and using it, Relish Restaurant

Today = Bad day... that is if I let it be a bad day. 

We are out of control.  I have no authority.  I have only options I may present in any given situation but the options are only possibilities.  One of my biggest fears is the children at work will one day realize I have no control over them.  Once they know my limitations I'm sure they'll go "Lord of the Flies" on me.  I resort to punishment or discipline but with hopes of change with little expectation.  Today was one of those days!

I go to work (and my fault) I forget to set up someone to open with me.  Kinda unsafe with the amount of responsibilities there is to open the program.  Then the typical few kids that talk back, act out, get aggressive, and stubborn!!  In frustration, I sit them down and make them listen to me (the ultimate punishment).  I leave work in the morning, get in my car, and pick up my bag to look for my phone.  The genius that I am pick it up by the zipper and it breaks off... awesome!  Then I drive to starbucks with hopes of caffeine just before I start track out with 28 5 year olds.
On my way to track out all I could do was pray "God, please help me control my attitude" because I know that's all I can offer.  I can't control the kids, my coffee, a broken purse, or work.  I have to be obedient to God for my actions and trust in God for others' actions.  And when things don't go according to plan, I check my heart, seek God, speak Truth and then let it go. 

As my day went on, I lost my voice, got a crick in my neck, and dealt with crazy kids' parents.  Nothing got better except my attitude... and it my attitude said I needed cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment