Monday, June 20, 2011

The Ficious Cycle

The harder you try to stop thinking about something, the more you think about it.  Your worse insecurities are propagated by the constant reminders of the insecurity.  Running is delayed by the awareness of our inability to run.  Sin is continued by our fear to approach the God who forgives them.  We drink coffee because we don't get enough sleep because we drank coffee.  I need cookie dough because I'm so distraught I ran out of cookie dough.
Why can't Cycles be positive like, the reoccuring dream where hot un-named guy asks me to marry him, a second wind on a long run, the sun sets so it can rise again.  Thse sound positive but dreams end, body wears down, and sun rise means it's morning (I appreciate a new day, I'm just a night owl). Am I a realist or pessimist?
Then there are the cycles that are ficious and positive: forgiveness.  We continually sin and God continually forgives.  To break the ficious cycle, you need to break the sin!  Ficious = Sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment