Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Dates

My roommate is going on a first date this weekend, with a guy she has been friends with for years!  Oh the transition is probably a little awkward for them since their families are so close but mostly exciting.  It is funny because they have both been thinking about taking this next step for a few months without the other being aware of the change.  Anyways, Kimberly got a new dress and she looks fantastic.  Look out Phillip!

It is fun to think back on first dates, anticipation, the newness, adventure, the unknown.  The pressure of good conversation and being impressive quickly dissipates with the overwhelming urge to be in the other person's presence.  Everyone is on their best behaviors and wants nothing less than the other to have the perfect evening.  One of my best first dates, the guy took me to ATL where he had reservations for dinner and then another reservation for dessert and coffee in a ship with live music and dancing.  All my favorites rolled into one night.  Ah well, then life happened and I became housewife to non husband, while non husband did his own thing.  My ambitions and goals became second priority.  My prayer for Kimberly and Phillip is that whether this newness wears off, the effort to put the other before yourself and the urge to always be in the other's presence should not.  I pray the Lord blesses this first date and continues to grow both of them to Him.  I pray He confirms in their lives His plan for them.  I pray you are missional and loving in this new adventure.  Love you Kimberly.

No comments:

Post a Comment