Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Out with the Old

Well, it's that time again.  I'm getting restless.  I need new in my life.  In the past I've dyed my hair, I've trained for a half marathon, I've moved cities or apartments, I've gone on trips, I've made bets with people, my aptmate and I created a challenge game, I've tried to change jobs, start a new hobby, read more books, did something daring...etc.  I need new!  Skydiving? Go somewhere new? Get on television?  Meet someone famous? Take a challenge? Get a piercing/ tattoo? Go dancing? Run a marathon/ triathlon?
I usually need new when life gets difficult.  It's a release for me.  Something I can control when I feel out of control.  It is spontaneous and fun.  It is an accomplishment.  It is extreme.  It becomes a story.  Sometimes a mistake, mostly an adventure, never a regret.  It is not for anyone but myself.  It gives me something to care about. 
This is a big one!  I've challenged myself to go somewhere new everyday this summer.  Fun, I'll meet new people, but not big enough.  I want to do something I've never done before!  I want to do something I will always remember!  I want to be awesome!  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment